- What is Hardwarie?
- A code library with routines for doing hardware accelerated graphics.
- Where did the name come from ?
- Well, there is Hardware and there is Fairie... (I know. It's lame)
- Are there any limits on frame sizes ?
- No. Used textures are always a power of two in size, and tiled according to settings.
- Does it work in 256 colors ?
- No. 16 bits (Thousands) or 32 bits (Millions) are needed.
- Does it work on 680X0 machines ?
- No. Only on PowerPC, actually.
- Doesn't CopyBits do hardware acceleration ?
- Sortof. It accelerates some copies, especially CopyBits srcCopy and transparent modes.
It does not do any blending, scaling or rotating. And VRAM GWorlds are a pain to use.
- Doesn't DrawSprocket do hardware acceleration ?
- No. Never did. And it does not work (except for choosing resolutions) in OS X either.
- Doesn't Quartz do hardware acceleration ?
- No. Quartz Extreme does, but only for window dragging... (and with 32 MB VRAM available)
- Who did this FAQ?
- afb - Anders F Björklund